Saturday, September 26, 2009

will i find home?



I've been thinking
(all day and all night)
(for the past month)
((or year!!))
--about this collective house I'm trying to form--

and I wanted to say (or write):
------     ----      -------
I am wary of romanticizing a shared-living environment.
I know that living with a lot of people can bring in a MESS of issues
(especially when there are dishes to wash).

BUT
I am looking forward to a --different kind of hard--
(after feeling very alone for 3 years).

I am ready for a relationship!
And am prepared to take the WHOLE package.

EVEN IF
sometimes it's stressful,
overwhelming,
or just plain annoying!

As with love and romance....
I don't (anymore)
believe
in magic 
or in "falling."

Love to me, is grounded in a shared understanding that we as humans carry around a LOT of issues.

and there is no escape
from life's heaviness.

Instead, I want to look it directly in the eye...
and confront the challenges of sharing a life,
expecting nothing more
than to learn
and to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive