Thursday, May 15, 2014

on the corner



I was sitting on the corner
of 3rd Ave and Wyckoff.

Already thinking slightly  of you

and then

all of a sudden

you whizz by.

You, in your lighting--yellow--bolt- jacket
and tall tall bike
stretching so high---
your helmet catches clouds
like a net in the sky.

I called out your name---
but you were riding too fast,
my shout,
just a blur 
in the noisy street life.

You rode away
and I was left
with piercing in my eyes...

as if I had tried
to stare at the sun.

Like most things
if we look too long- - ---

we become blind.

I cannot hold on to time whizzing by.

Instead
I keep my gaze
on what is here.

the kids jumping rope on the corner
the leaves whistling in the wind
I feel my feet touch the ground 
as more bikes and memories fly by.

but I miss your tender heart!
Oh I miss your tender heart!

I will cry out my grief
let if flow from my eyes...

and watch
as it too
passes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive