Wednesday, November 25, 2015

bits of bits of old journals

I'd rather be in the center of myself
than
the center of all others' eyes.

Sometimes I forget
the external world
has little to do
with the divine.


___________________________________________________________________________



is life only meaningful when shared?
is my time alone of less value?
are my great (but quiet) ideas
less great
when kept to myself?
Are my questions still questions
if never asked
and never answered?

________________________________________________

Sherry Turkle:
"Loneliness is failed solitude.
To experience solitude you must be able to summon yourself by yourself;
otherwise you will only know how to be lonely."

"We may want to live less thickly
and wait for more infrequent but meaningful face to face encounters."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive