Tuesday, March 4, 2014

built on water (lyrics)


there is nothing left to do.

I've emptied my house,

cleaned out my room

but my poor home is sinking


water coming through....


into the place

we made our food
and ate and ate
and laughed and laughed too.


a bowl shatters to the ground

(the one you gave me to hold).


Who built this house on water?

I must choose to leave or drown.




more windows have broken
more water rushing through.


up the stairs
into my room.



I cannot leave my only home.

but my only home is sinking.


Who built this house on water?

could I not see it swaying
since I was swaying too?


and when I looked at steady ground,
I thought it was the one shaking.


my poor house is sinking
I must choose to leave or drown.

____________________________


listen to the song here
watch the video here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive