Tuesday, April 14, 2015

locked outside (lyrics)


i stayed hidden
by your restless eye
that looked around and around
but never right through

so I left my body
right there
by your side
for you to hold 
but not know

for me to give
but not show

and when I returned
I found the time we could have shared

had passed
had passed

us by.


you were waiting.

you were waiting.

you were waiting

but I was locked outside.


You had said
don't feel too much

you had said don't fall too hard

let's merge our bodies
but keep our hearts far apart

so I shut my eyes 
so I couldn't see
anything of you
pouring into me

and I left my body
so I couldn't feel
you there
or gone

you there or gone


you were waiting

you were waiting

for me to arrive

but I was locked outside



*copyright 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive