Friday, February 14, 2014

begin to know

I am learning about loving.

I am experiencing love with another.

but it is not enough

to be stroked tenderly by one.

I need everyone that has left me to come into my room, hold my hand---and tell me they love me.

EVERYONE that has EVER broken my heart
or at least has

not loved me enough.

the list is long.

I need them ALL to come back
and hold me

until I KNOW that I am LOVE-able

able to be loved

and able to love.

would that be enough?

really?

what if everyone at my house concert,
like 30 people,
told me that I'm special
that they love me
that my music is honest and beautiful.

which pretty much happened last night---
would that be enough?

I have already forgotten.

ok. so what if I lived with 5 people who constantly reinforced my greatness.

which I do.

would that be enough?

ok.

what if EVERYONE in the ENTIRE WORLD
called me
came over
EVERY DAY

EVERY MOMENT someone told me that they loved me.

would I then begin to know?

or is this just it?

that being human is frail and fragile
and we constantly
forget
and then remember
our greatness.

Forgetting is just part of the part of the process of coming back.

Returning and Remembering is how we love ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive