Friday, November 8, 2013

the space between

you are suddenly 3 hours away,
soon to be 10,
soon to be days---

but the space between us
remains the same,
 from when you were in my arms--
to now, when I stand on this hill alone--
unable to feel even traces of our embrace.

we remain unknown.

apart.

how do people come together
to slowly share...
slowly trust?

how do I come close enough to ask you who you are

close enough to tell you who I am

but far enough for us to remember to keep asking...

to keep being curious?

maybe I will learn about you more
with an ocean soon between us,
than when I tried to dive into your deep, dark eyes
left only to drown within waves and waves of mystery.

will you meet me in the middle of the ocean?

will we have the strength to swim,

to stay afloat admist such uncertain waters?

can we at least try----

until the current decides our fate...
bringing us together
or drifting us apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive